Monday, July 9, 2012

A very good day.

   We are finally experiencing summer. Oregon is famous for getting a slow start into summer. It also means that our summer lasts a little longer though too. I took advantage of the perfect temperature this morning and worked on the little trailer for awhile before it got too hot. I wanted to get more done, but everything takes much longer than you think it will. Good news is we are at least halfway finished. DH has been working every chance he gets. He is a Bishop in our church besides working full time. That means he doesn't get much time to himself.

   It was such a beautiful day today that I couldn't resist taking some pictures of the back yard. We put this yard in about 15 years ago. I made a drawing of how I wanted the shed to look and DH made it exactly like the picture. I don't know how he did it but he did.


 I also took a picture of the quilt I made for the little trailer. (I have a name for the little trailer, I just haven't mentioned it because it's pretty cheesy). My quilt was quilted by "Becky Bee's Quilting". She did it in record time. I barely dropped it off and I practically met myself coming back.




   The main fabric I used is Sweetwater's "Hometown" by Moda Fabrics. I also found many other wonderful and fun fabrics to add for variety. I know my pictures are not the best, but for now they will have to do. My daughter Melanie is a Photographer and she would be appalled at the pictures of my quilt. I am hoping to learn more as I go. It's going to take me awhile to get the hang of everything.
   All in all it was a good day. I got a lot done, including exercising! I even cooked something for dinner. Now I think I will do some cleaning in my work room, (after dishes of course). Tomorrow I want to get some curtains made for the little trailer, do some more painting, and start a new pattern.
  Oh wait, I'll have the grand kids tomorrow. That will make it a fantastic day! Very busy, but fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment